Monday, May 12, 2008

First picture of the garden. I picked some rhubarb on Saturday and combined it with some from a stand to make rhubarb crisp on Saturday. The garden is nicely tilled and ready to be planted next weekend. Beside the rhubarb is asparagus. You can kind of see the stalks. The bushes on the right of the picture are raspberries. I'd like to move them to the other side of the yard and let them expand as they break of the garden. On the back right side of the garden you can see three slim green stakes. Those are the rows of potatoes and one of lettuce. The carrots are on this side of the raspberries. The broccoli is on the right side of the asparagus but you can't really make out those plants.


This is my flower garden near the pond at Renae's. Originally it was about 3/5'x6' and rectangular. It looked like a grave. Last year I expanded it to about 9x20. I don't know a lot about perennials, and I have a lot to learn. This is a trial and error project. The little figurine is named Rhoda. That was Renae's gift my first year. She also bought the looking ball at Goodwill and the birdhouse at an auction. I'll get a picture of the plaque (which used to be at the head of the garden until I decided it looked like a gravestone) later when there is more color around it.

1 comment:

Ada said...

Looks like you have enough to keep you busy. We'll have to check on each other ocassionally as I'm new at growing perennials also. Good luck with yours. Wish I had some of that rhubarb.