Wednesday, May 7, 2008

My Annual Garden Joke

Last night I rhoda-tilled the garden.

I also planted some early stuff like potatoes, broccoli, carrots, and lettuce. The plan for the rest of the garden includes corn, beans, peppers, tomatoes, kale, okra, muskmelon, winter squash. And the new item for this year (besides carrots), drum roll please. . .. . . . popcorn.

Why can broccoli go in now, but kale must wait until May 15?

The kale is for Renae; the okra is for me.

The tomatoes, peppers, and corn will all go into our homemade salsa.

I'm going to try to post pictures of the garden throughout the summer.

We are actually going to have some decent rhubarb this year although it still isn’t turning a nice red. According to my cousin Cleve, we need lots of manure. I guess it have to wait until next year unless it goes on in the fall.

No comments: