Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Rambling Thoughts

•279 Klopfensteins from 25 states is a lot of Klopfensteins!!!
•It was interesting and quite satisfying to see how many people appreciated the work Dad put into organizing the Klopfenstein reunion.
•I think my sister said it correctly when she said it really was a union and not a “re”union since most people hadn’t met the others.
•I met a “cousin” who lives in Grand Rapids and goes to church at a church that I had visited soon after I moved here. What if I’d started going there and we had become friends? And then we found out over the weekend we were related?
•Today I work I talked with another employee who attended the same undergraduate school I did about 10 years before I did. It was interesting to talk with him.
•I’ve cooked the last two nights. My parents were visiting so I had guests both nights. Monday night was pork chops on the grill, red potatoes, carrots, and rolls. Two of the guests brought a fruit platter and dessert. Tuesday nights was grilled chicken breasts on salad. Both were good I thought.
•Bloated dead fish floating in Lake Macatawa are gross. I almost lost my lunch seeing some of them.
•I had a great time visiting with family from Friday evening until this morning.

•I don’t think many people would believe these two people would be so excited about Krispy Kreme 8 years ago!

No comments: