Friday, June 27, 2008

I look at my schedule and think, “when this and this and this are over” life will slow down some and be ok. I’ve been in that mode the last couple of weeks: this is the Klopfenstein reunion, this is my CU class, etc. Paradoxically, in my class we read a book called Margin which is about not overcommitting our time, finances, money, selves, etc. so that we can live a more simplistic life that allows us to love God fully, invest in others, and take care of ourselves.

Yet, it seems as if this is just replaced with that.

What’s going on in my life?
•CU class finished last night.
•Tonight is West Michigan Whitecaps game with tickets I won through work. I thought I’d won four which makes inviting people a bit difficult, but I won five tickets which made it perfect to invite two couples.
•Today was the finance year end celebration. The finance leadership team grills burgers and chicken, and there’s ice cream and prizes. I didn’t win.
•Tomorrow night is the 4th annual street cookout. There will be fewer people this year. One is out of town, one has died, one is in a nursing home, one now lives with her children, one couple’s coming depends on how she feels tomorrow afternoon, etc. Such it is living on a street with half of the owners being over 85!

No comments: