Sunday, June 8, 2008

Yesterday Renae, Glenn and I went to downtown GR for Festival of the Arts. It's an event for local musicians and groups to have a chance to perform. Only non-profit groups are allowed to be food vendors and most is ethnic food. It's a lot of fun but typically is very hot. Last night we watched the Grand Rapids Symphonic Band and the Embellish, a handbell ensemble. Thankfully Embellish was in an air conditioned building. The festival shut down due to an approaching thunderstorm just as we were getting ready to leave. We walked about 6-7 blocks to my car and then the rain started.

We made a Meijer stop on the way home. Renae waited in the car so I could pull right up to the covered sidewalk. It was funny to see people walk out and stand there thinking, "It wasn't raining when I came in." By then it was raining very, very hard.

My neighbor came over for about 20 minutes as she is scared of storms. It was cute, "I brought all my cash in my purse in case we have to go to the basement!"

The road leading to my condo was covered with about 6" of water and quite a few places are flooded today. It's interested to see really low places that I had never thought of being low before.

Another thunderstorm is supposed to hit in about an hour. It's headed across the lake now.

No comments: