Friday, August 8, 2008

Trip Pictures

Oops, I meant to post this on the extended family blog which I eventually did, but now I've decided to leave it here as well.

Thought I'd share a few pictures of the overnight trip Mom and I took John Michael and Jeffrey on. It was a lot of fun, and the boys were great. The temps were close to 100 and the humidity felt like it as well. Jeffrey prayed on Monday night: "Thank you God for what we could learn at the zoo, at the Hermitage, and in history."

Playing games in the hotel. We had some pretty hot rounds of Rummikub, Pit, and Quiddler.


The boys and Grandma waiting to enter the Hermitage, home to the 7th president Andrew Jackson.



The boys and Grandma at a cannon at the Battle of Franklin, the deadliest half hour of the Civil War. I've driven past the sign on I-65 well over 100 times and had never considered stopping, but it was very well worth it. We went there based on a recommendation from my minister's wife as they had just visited that site the previous week.

At the zoo posing like a meercat which you can barely make out in the middle of the picture:
The four kids waiting to leave for church on Sunday morning:

No comments: