Friday, September 26, 2008

Mission Service

Last night I went with my church to it's bi-monthly service at Mel Trotter Mission. I play the piano (same songs every time--Amazing Grace and Victory in Jesus), and last night I gave the testimony of how I came to know Jesus Christ.

The piano is bad. For my family members, it makes the piano in Grandma Hemmer's basement sound good. Many notes must be at least a whole step or more off which makes notes sound wrong when they really aren't. Also, you can play at the same stroke, but one time the note will play, one time it won't play, and the next time it will strike very loudly.

On the drive back to church I mentioned, "Well, when you get an average to below average player on a really bad piano the results can't be good."

The guy who preached last night after a long pause said, "Well, the important thing is you're doing your best to serve God."

I think I got that message pretty clearly.

No comments: