Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Birthday morning

It’s been a good day so far. Opened a gift from my parents which had arrived in the mail, Renae sang Happy Birthday on the phone early, left for a work a bit later so I could by to pick up pumpkin donuts, received several e-cards from friends, and enjoyed the donuts and birthday wishes with co-workers.

The donuts are a tradition that I don’t dare stop. In fact, one co-worker said she better not go into labor before October 8 so she could have her donut. She was scheduled for a C-section next Tuesday, but she went into labor this morning. Several have said we should take a donut to her later today since the hospital is within view of our work. Others have asked ahead of time to confirm I was bringing the donuts today. I brought in two dozen and several ate two right off the bat. It helps that they are still warm.

And since they give me a discount, I should mention they come from Post Family Farm.

Now it’s off to lunch at Red Robin.

(This is my 200th post, btw.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! Hope you have a wonderful day!