Friday, December 5, 2008

The book I began reading on Sunday (and still need to finish) challenged the reader to spend their commute time listening to the Bible on CD. Wednesday evening at the Dollar Tree I found a New Testament CD and I thought for a dollar I could do this.

Today marks the third day I’ve been listening to Matthew while I’m in the car. I have a hard time listening to it and really hearing it more than just hearing a voice talking in the background.

I’m wondering if it’s because it’s the Bible and not sports radio that I usually listen to. Maybe more things are thrown at my mind to make it wander. (Recently I read “Last week my mind wandered and it never came back..”) When I think about needing to focus on what is being read I start thinking about the need to focus on driving, etc. and there goes my mind again.

No comments: