Monday, December 1, 2008

Monday's Miscellaneous

Miscellaneous from the last few days.

Reality hit this morning after I enjoyed my four days away from work. However, at 4:30 this morning I jumped in my sleep and remembered that I hadn't set the alarm for this morning as I'd turned it off for Thursday and Friday's regular wake up times.

Friday I got a new appliance for my home. Nothing fancy, but I'm looking forward to the ceramic top and not having to clean drip pans anymore!

Saturday night I was talking with a friend's son. He said, "I don't know why I'm a lot better talking one on one. I'm more intellectual, but in a group I'm more dumber."

Today at lunch I dropped off several boxes of goods at a local thrift store. Quite a few really good organizations around here have thrift stores, and I go back and forth at where to drop the stuff off. Today I opted for most convenient.

Even if it's way too early, I think there is something fun about early morning Black Friday shopping; however, at 10:00 a.m. when we were finished I realized we'd "worked" almost a full day already. No wonder I was tired.

It felt good to have a couple of days to get things done at my house. I tend to let things collect so I took care of lots of small things on Friday and Saturday.

Yesterday morning I found at that the mother of my handbell director had passed away Wednesday evening. She was older with health issues and had to be in a wheelchair. Ruth told me that her husband was reading from Mark while her mother slipped out of this world. Ruth realized that her mother probably entered heaven as Steve was reading the passage of the paralytic taking up his mat and walking.

My church has started a book table selling books at cost. I joked with my friend who is organizing it that I didn't see Purpose Driven Christmas, The Shack or the new Mrs. Osteen book. Since I had time between the rehearsal in the morning and the worship service I pulled out a book from the rack and started reading. I figure if I do that regularly I'll never had to actually buy the book. However, I did buy it after the service. It's a book on humility. I thought it would help me point out the pride in others and help them correct it. Actually it's really good and there were several parts of it I plan to share in a future post; I just don't have it with me now.

Now it's off in the snow to go home.

No comments: