Wednesday, December 24, 2008

A Christmas Miracle

It's a miracle--a true Christmas miracle I'm telling you.

I made it to Atlanta (albeit about an hour late), and my luggage made it as well!!!

I took Marta to a station closest to my brother's. I called them when we were leaving the stop just before that. Lauren called me back and said they were there. I didn't know how long it was between stops. I got off the train, dragged my two bags up the stairs instead of waiting for the elevator, and saw their van pull off just as I got to the top of the stairs!!! Wow, tough crowd--apparently if you aren't waiting at the curb they leave. I called Mark and he said, "I'll come back and get you." Apparently one of my nieces had to go to the bathroom so badly he took her to a local hotel and pulled away just as I got there. So I guess it was best that I stood there all alone at a deserted train station on Christmas Eve so she could use the bathroom!

Jeffrey has lost one front tooth and the other is apparently quite loose. I refuse to look closely as loose teeth eckle me. Molly has commented several times today that if he loses the tooth today that maybe Santa and the Tooth Fairy would bump into each other tonight. She attempted to pull it tonight, but he wanted nothing of it and apparently was quite upset before he went to bed. She was talking to him, and he said, "I don't want Santa and the Tooth Fairy to bump into each other!" He must think one could get hurt and he'd end up with the goods from only one of them, and he's probably afraid it would be the $2 from the Tooth Fairy is all he would get!

Merry Christmas Eve!

No comments: