Thursday, December 18, 2008

Thankful Thursday

1. I have a support system that has helped me get through this past week. Family and friends who are still checking to see how things are going.
2. Yesterday a person in HR told me about how hard she is taking one of her co-workers being let go. It was good for me to hear that from her.
3. Renae has a real God-outlook on her future. This comes from the first and last two paragraphs of a paper she turned in the day after her termination to her Leadership professor in her MBA program:

Based on my leadership profile, my faith rests in God that He knows what is best for me and that any plan He has for me is greater then what I would choose for myself. Although I do not understand the why of everything, He has always taken care of me. Wherever this new road takes me, I will be relying on and trusting in Him to guide my path, today, tomorrow, for the next five years and beyond for my entire “dash”.
...
In all that I have gone through I have and will maintain my integrity for what I know to be the right thing to do. I have an open slate to start again from scratch, a huge opportunity to suceed or fail and I plan in the next 5 years to make the best of it!

4. Becky, my friend and MK director, has been very good about helping me through a busy MK couple of weeks and understands when I say no to MK activities.
5. In the midst of a sad week I found a file I kept of Jeffreyisms from last August on our trip to Nashville. It, and he, made me smile, then and now.
6. Sunday’s sermon from Revelation 12, an unusual passage for Advent, talking about being lifted up on eagle’s wings. Todd said maybe you were lifted up on eagle’s wings last week or you will need to be this week. Yes, to both.

No comments: