Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Wednesday at Work

Got this message from a student in the course I finished last week. She works for a Herman Miller supplier and has heard from others at Herman Miller as well so she understands what the mood here today:


HI Rhoda.......how is it going for you and your co-workers/friends? Everyone at Herman Miller continues to be in my prayers and thoughts often throughout the day.

That was really encouraging to me even though I feel ok about my position.

Someone asked if west Michigan is really that bad. All three office furniture manufacturers have announced layoffs--several 100 at each business. Yesterday a Chevrolet dealer shut it doors. Other businesses are closing or laying off.

However, the restaurants are full, the mall is busy, etc. I get mixed signals.

No comments: