Thursday, March 26, 2009

Vacation Reading

I did a little “beach” reading while on vacation. I bought the first book in Beverly LewisThe Heritage of Lancaster County series on Friday in AL. She does a lot of writing about the Amish and it was an easy reading book. On Monday I went to the library with Mom’s card to get book 2. I finished it before I left on Tuesday, and then yesterday before going to the dentist I stopped at the library here and got book 3. I finished it before going to handbells last night which says something about the difficulty of reading although I admit I’m not a read every word kind of person.

And on the plane coming back I read another short quick read about Adoniram Judson, first American missionary. In high school I read a much more detailed biography of his life and have always perked up at the mention of Adoniram Judson. This book was written in the 1920s so it was interesting to read a different style of writing.

No comments: