Friday, May 1, 2009

Garaging

Yesterday my friend Renae was out “garaging” at some neighborhood garage sales. The end of April and first of May is very big for these neighborhood events in west Michigan. She got a call from a NY dealer and their IT guy asked her what she was doing. When she said she was at a garage sale, he asked her what that was. She explained how neighborhoods designate certain days and people can put anything they want to sell out in their garages and driveways and then people come to buy the stuff. He has lived in the city his entire life I think and he had no concept at all of a garage sale and had never heard of it. Apparently his comment was “You people in west Michigan are just strange.”

Treasures I’ve purchased at yard sales this year so far:
Humidifier for the house--$5
4—CDs--.50 each so far two of them have been less than I had hoped for, and I haven’t listened to the other two yet.
Driver (golf club)--$1
Plastic window candle Christmas decorations--$2 for a lot

1 comment:

Ann said...

I've not been much this spring. Seems like I'm either hot or cold on going come Saturday morning. This time of year is so busy that lately all I want to do on Saturdays is . . .nothing. At least not first thing in the morning.