Saturday, May 16, 2009

To Go or Not To Go--That Is the Question

Thursday night my niece graduates from high school. I absolutely hate it that I miss the big events in the kids' lives so the weekend before after deciding that flying is out of the question and telling her mother I'm not coming, I'm figuring out how to get there.

Mapquest says it's 13 hours and 19 minutes and 794.35 miles.
There is a high school graduation here on Wednesday night. Brian has already said if I miss his graduation it would be ok because "she is closer since she's family."
I have friends in OH that I could spend the night with if I left on Wednesday. However, I could go to Brian's graduation and then leave very early on Thursday morning.
I would have to take off work on Thursday which I don't think will be an issue.
I figure gas would cost $100 for the trip.
My niece will be surrounded by friends and the excitement of her graduation. Maybe it's better to go when there's not so much going on.
I'm already off work on Friday so I wouldn't have to take that day a vacation.
This would all be easier if the graduation was on Friday night. Don't schools want out of town guests to attend graduation in support of their family?

So the question is--go or don't go.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Skip work. Your niece only graduates from high school one time. So it costs $100.00 for gas.Big deal. Sell more makeup! :)
Of course this is from someone who drove 5 hours each way on a weeknight to see his daughter play 10 minutes in a college basketball game. Life is too short. Have a safe trip.

Jayne, from bells said...

Go! You'd never regret being there for such a special occasion! Plus I hope for your sake that there's cake! :-)