Sunday, May 17, 2009

Wings Win, Wings Win!!!

I'm not a hockey fan--after all I grew up in Alabama. My town had the most southern outdoor ice rink in the country but most of the time they had to have some kind of sheeting around it in order to keep the ice frozen. When I lived in IL, I had friends who enjoyed the Rivermen so I would go to games with them. I think upper bowl tickets were $3, and we thought it was awful that they charge $4 or more for playoff games! In OH I went to a bombers game once. The funniest part of that game was a water company's promotion that was on the jumbotron and the announcer would say, "What do you want to drink while watching the Bombers?" The crowd would yell, "BEER!!!" and the announcer would say, "That's right, cold refreshing water."

Since moving to Michigan I've been to 4 hockey games which means basically one game a season.

But now Jayne from handbells is influencing me to get excited about the Red Wings. Although I was working this afternoon, I had the game on and realized the Wings won and that it was over in time for Jayne to get to church on time.

Tuesday night is game 2.

1 comment:

Jayne, from bells said...

Yippee! a Red Wings post! Let's hope they keep winning and you have lots more to write about! I hope to introduce you to Stanley!