Friday, July 31, 2009

Friday Shutdown

How does one spend their Friday shutdown on a sunny perfect Michigan summer day?

1. I woke up hungry for waffles so I went out to Renae's and made waffles and scrambled eggs for everyone.
2. Went to Gemmen's and Keegstra's for the sidewalk sales.
3. Got a haircut.
4. Swam laps and then laid on a float in the pool after vacuuming it.
5. Watered the chickens.
6. Picked the harvest from the garden: almost 4 gallons of beans, 1 huge zucchini, and several tomatoes.

How will I spend the rest of the day?
Maybe go pick blueberries, definitely read a couple of chapters in the textbook for my class on Wednesday, and freeze beans. Anyone want to help with the blueberries or beans?

One of the nice things about the Friday shutdown is going to bed tonight and knowing that I have another day to get stuff done before Sunday and church!

No comments: