Tuesday, July 21, 2009

More books

Several weeks ago I posted a list of books that impacted my life. I had lost my original list and left four books off the list. I found the list while cleaning for company—I should do that more often!

Here are the last four in no particular order:

To the Golden Shore. This is the biography of Adoniram Judson. My ninth grade Bible teacher was reading it, and since I liked biography I thought I’d read it too. Adoniram worked in Burma for seven plus years before seeing anyone convert to Christianity. The adversity he and his family faced was incredible.

Hollywood v. America by Michael Medved. It’s out of date now with the shows it discusses but the book helped me watch television more discriminately. For one, notice how often the child leads the parent (especially the father) to see what is right or best.

Hope Again by Chuck Swindoll. This is a study of I Peter that was a gift to me when I left Peoria. It was very meaningful to me that fall in grad school.

You’re Reactions Are Showing by J. Allan Peterson. This is a small booklet maybe printed by . One’s real character is revealed when they are under adversity. A child on the floor with his toys may appear to be a very happy child, but we can see if he really is happy when another child is put on the floor with him and they have to share toys.

No comments: