Thursday, September 24, 2009

Fit Hitch

Recently I’ve been looking for hitches to attach a bike rack. I called local places and on-line. One local business had an on-line presence with one feature allowing the customer to ask for a quote. Three days later I got an e-mail from a generic e-mail address (name@charter.net) with the subject line “Hitch”. This was the message. That hitch would run 168.00 installed

Had I contacted multiple businesses asking for a quote I would have had no idea which business this was nor their contact information to set up a purchase/installation.

Today I ordered a hitch from an on-line business. Within an hour I had three e-mails from them. The first acknowledged my order. The second confirmed the order and shipping. The third said this:
When you placed your order, you selected the standard (5 to 7 business day)shipping. I gave your order special priority today and was able to have it upgraded to the 3 to 5 Day Express Shipping at no additional cost to you! Your order shipped today and will arrive earlier than we promised. I’m probably not going to be buying multiple hitches or more trailer equipment, but if this arrives in 3-5 days and everything works out well, will I recommend this business—you better believe it! And I’ll also tell you where not to look for hitches.

No comments: