Thursday, October 22, 2009

Award

When everyone got to work this morning, I told them my story from last night. Mid-morning I walked into our office area and they called me to stop where most of my co-workers sit. They gave me the card and "plaque" pictured below. It was interesting and with my personality struck me funny, but they were seriously glad that I got involved last night with the missing boy.

I gave a Grammy-style acceptance speech thanking everyone and that it was a team effort as they had helped build into me confidence to make the call. I even rushed at the end as I thought the music would be starting any minute to go to commercial.

I'm just glad no one did a Kanye West during my speech!

1 comment:

marym said...

How kind of your workmates! It is a great story and great that you used your head and thought wisely. I'm very proud of you too!