Saturday, October 24, 2009

Neighborhood Pancake Breakfast

Usually each summer I've hosted a cookout for the 10 condo owners on my street, but this year it just didn't happen. I decided to do a pumpkin pancake breakfast as fall arrived, and when I found out the couple down the street would be moving in early November knew I had to get it scheduled.

Yesterday I worked really hard to get everything set which means house cleaned, pickup a table at Renae's, move some chairs around to make movement easier, set up two tables and all the chairs in the sunroom, get the food table set, and put out all the ingredients that didn't have to be refrigerated.

This morning was the Fall Pumpkin Pancake Breakfast. 10 people from 8 condos came for a 9:00 breakfast. One couple brought juice and one lady brought fruit. Renae came at 8:15 to help me. I had the pancake batter mixed and was mixing eggs. She brought sausage and made the bacon and sausage in the oven. She also took care of coffee and got the food out on the table. Linda was a huge help as well. Renae helped the old people get their food at one table and Linda helped them get seated in the sunroom. I just kept making pancakes. I made plain, chocolate chip, pumpkin, and pumpkin with chocolate chip pancakes. The eggs were scrambled plain and scrambled with ham, onion, and green pepper. Somehow the cheese never got on top of those.

We sat around the table for about an hour and then quite a few left. Linda and Ruth were wonderful to help until everything was cleaned up.

I enjoy doing pancake breakfasts and everything is set for my annual Hudsonville pancake breakfast following the Hudsonville Holiday parade.

3 comments:

Ann said...

Whew, that was a lot of work!

Mack said...

So neat that you do this - what a great outreach to those around you!!!

Ada said...

Sounds like you're quite the pancake-maker! Personally, I just like plain pancakes so you won't have to go to so much trouble if I ever come to your house again. Nice way to get to know your neighbors.