Tuesday, December 15, 2009

This worked so well . . .

How much is a testimonial really worth? Today for work I looked on-line at an executive leadership organization. I was curious as to the testimonials from various industries from around the country. I noticed one that included “promoting accountability in our organization. I shared this concept with my management team, and it’s changing their dynamics.” The only problem is that I know this CEO’s business went under almost two years ago.

That made me think about another business’ website that offers testimonials of the success of a program. All of the comments are made about results that both the business owner and her husband have had as a result of the process. I’ve heard good things about this program apart from this business and would consider it, and if I didn’t know about these comments apparently being made by the owner and spouse, I would assume they were independent comments.

Are you swayed by on-line testimonials, or have you seen others that make you think they may not reflect well on what is being promoted?

No comments: