Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Cell Phone Dilemma

The last several weeks which seems likes years I’ve been working out the family cell phone plan I share with my parents. Which phones do we want to upgrade to, how many minutes do we really need, which text plans do we need/want, etc.? Just when I thought I had it figured out Verizon threw me for a loop by changing their phone and plan pricing structure. Basically every phone now needs a data plan which is an additional 9.99 per line and that doesn’t include texting. Dad has decided not to upgrade phones but Mom wants to text so she (and I) need phones with a QWERTY keyboard. Let’s just say more than once I’ve been glad I proofread as I would’ve sent some interesting messages otherwise.

I spent almost an hour with the csr there who was very helpful and very patient. In front of her monitor was an adorable picture of a little girl about two and a baby boy. I asked if they were her children, and she proudly showed me the picture. I commented that the little girl appeared to be pretty content with being a big sister at least at picture time. The lady replied that she was and she’d done very well. The lady’s husband was killed in a car accident in July which meant a drastic change in the little girls life and then the baby came in October. Then the little girl potty trained in early November.

I was rather blown away by it all and decided a few days of cell phone plan hand wringing really wasn’t that bad after all.

No comments: