Saturday, May 1, 2010

Miscellaneous Saturday Notes

1. I turned on the AC today--too much humidity this morning and I really don't want to pull in all the allergen with the attic fan. And after all, it is May 1!

2. Why if you have an old hose reel and and an old hose for sale at a yard sale would you not entertain a lowball offer that would come up instead of holding out with, "Those are real expensive at the store." Yes, I know. That's why I'm trying to buy one at your yard sale where everything else is priced .10 and .25. Good luck selling that opened can of motor oil for .25.

2b. I went back later and offered twice what I had offered and the lady took it. I don't think she remembered me or she would've held out for that $13 I'm thinking.

3. Good news and hallelujah!!! Penn Station is in Kalamazoo!!! Guess where I'm going to lunch tomorrow? Jayne from Handbells--want to go?

4. We are buying supplies to fix our chicken tractor for this year's chicks. Over the winter the middle support gave way so Renae, the engineer of our chicken operation, has devised a new plan.

5. We've enjoyed 3 servings each of fresh asparagus from our garden. Mmmm, good. (Yes, Mary, mmmm is a word. It's in a Campbell's soup commercial.)

6. Next Saturday I have my first real guests to my new patio set. (If Renae doesn't count.)

2 comments:

Jayne, from bells said...

Penn Station. . .sandwiches look great, but hey serve Pepsi :-(

Jayne, from bells said...

*they*