Sunday, May 23, 2010

Miscellaneous Sunday Ramblings

1. I finished my schoolwork and thought, "Hmm, maybe I'll go to church tonight" only to look at the clock and it was 7:50! At that point church was over for almost an hour!

2. Yesterday Renae and I got this year's chicks. This year one will be named plain "Chicken", one will be named "Rice" and one will be "Noodles". That way we can have Chicken and Noodles as well as Chicken and Rice!

3. Two days of vacation coming up this week. One will be done doing schoolwork, housework, and meeting with an insurance guy for new quotes. The other will be Shipshewana. Weather forecast on Tuesday: sunny and 88!

4. Recently I talked with a girl graduating from high school this year. She said she had always wanted to teach military history but found out it would take 8 years of school to do so and she didn't want to go to college that long. I asked what she was planning to do, and she said, "I don't know. I'm not going to college but I like to write political essays."

5. I brought a tiller back from Alabama on Monday. Thursday evening and Saturday afternoon I used it in the garden. A rear-tine tiller is nice, very nice!

6. Tossed Salad in the Garden: this year I planted sugar snap peas, lettuce, and carrots early. It rained quite a bit the next week and nothing seemed to be coming up several weeks later so I replanted. I remembered which row I planted the sugar snap peas, but I couldn't remember which row had lettuce and which had carrots. Pretty soon I had two rows of peas very close together, and two rows of lettuce coming up. Last week I saw carrots coming up right through the lettuce! Obviously I planted carrots over the lettuce and lettuce over the carrots!

7. Today I was on the organ for our morning worship time. During the postlude someone walked by organ, put their hand on my back and said I did very well today on the organ. That was really nice except, it broke my focus and I lost my place in my music. I couldn't find my place again until we repeated the chorus. Thanks for covering my on the piano Jayne from handbells!!!

No comments: