Thursday, July 8, 2010

Thankful Thursday 07/08/10

1. Mmm, blueberries are in season and Meijer has a pint for .99 this week! (That may be # 1 and #2 actually)
2. Monday I needed gas and passed a station with gas for $2.69. I wanted to go to Speedway which I was passing anyway, but gas there was $2.79! I thought I'd stop back at Mobil on the way home for cheaper gas but Meijer didn't have tomato cages so I had to go all the way to Home Depot. (My goal is to name as many business establishments as possible in #2.) Even though Mobil was a bit out of my way I thought I'd still go there after HD, but when I pulled up the sign was $2.83!!! It had jumped .14 in less than an hour! Then I thought that they have to change the sign before the pump so I hurried to the pump, saw it was still 2.69 on the pump, jumped out, and quick put in my credit card to get the transaction started before they could jump the price on the pump. Gas for $2.69 is way better than gas for $2.83!
3. Tuesday we had a department outing. Although it was hot, hot, hot, it was still better than being at work, and I got to ride with a co-worker and get to know her a bit better.
4. I had a good evaluation from my last students which is always nice. However, it's kind of funny when 10 of 11 rated enthusiasm for teaching as most of the time (4) or all of the time (6) and one says none of the time. This time I'm going with the majority.

No comments: