Friday, September 24, 2010

Friday Morning Couldn't Come Soon Enough!

During the night I was awakened by an old woman's crying and moaning.  It sounded as if it was coming from outside but was it inside?  Remember I have a 93-year old woman living next door so in my stupor I wondered if she'd gotten outside during the night or was she in my house.  It went on for several seconds and then there was a huge burst of wind.  Oh, the crying and moaning was just the whistling wind!

Of course, at that point I realized how hot I was.  Mentally I told myself to just lay still and cool off, but after a few minutes I couldn't take it anymore.  So in the wee hours of September 24 I got up and closed the windows, turned off the attic fan, and turned on the a/c.  Eeks, my house was at 80!!!  No wonder I couldn't sleep.  I went back to bed but couldn't cool off for a long time.  That made me start thinking that the a/c may have finally gone out.  I drifted off for a half hour or so, but woke up again still so very hot.

This morning when I woke up I was alarmed to see that my house was still at 79 until I realized in the dark I'd switched the fan from auto to on instead of the A/C to on.

Moral of the story:  Go ahead and turn on the light even in the middle of the night!!!

No comments: