Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Service Points

Tomorrow night is the regularly bi-monthly night for my church to hold the service at a rescue mission in GR. About half the time I go to play the piano and was scheduled to go; it's been on my calendar for awhile. I even made plans for tonight instead of tomorrow night because of going.

Today the minister called to say that the men who usually lead the singing cannot go and the guy who would be going to lead music would have his wife along and she could play the piano. I was being released from going.

I really won't mind a free evening, but somehow I feel cheated out of ministry points. I do get some for being willing to go, don't I?

2 comments:

Jayne, from bells said...

If it were up to me, I'd offer ministry points if you are singing all verses of "Amazing Grace" and "Victory in Jesus" tonight at least once while you're doing whatever you're doing instead of playing at the mission.

rk2 said...

Ummm, yeah, sure--that's what I did last night.