Thursday, January 27, 2011

Thankful Thursday 01/27/11

1. I have lights again in my kitchen which means I also have a microwave, and lights in my dining area, and a light in my living room, and lights in the sunroom!!!  (Pictures to follow when the project is complete, but I still have painting touchup and cleanup.)
2. I have a great friend who knows enough about a lot of stuff to be able to do almost anything. Without Renae I wouldn't have put up crown moulding and would have figured out the lighting, but it's easier with her.
3. My niece made the dean's list first semester freshman year despite a rigorous course load and several periods of illness including mono.
4. Every year I've written for the employee newspaper. It was really nice to get some positive feedback from the editor for two of the pieces I've written for this year.
5. Pandora Radio--one day I listened to several hours of Keith and Kristyn Gett Radio to hear a variety of praise and worship music. How about this for back to back to back to back songs to lift you up?
How Deep the Father Love for Us
Here With Us
It Is Well With My Soul
My Jesus I Love Thee.

The next day I listened to traditional country hymns to get a little twang and a touch of the old brown book. And only a few know what I mean by that!

4 comments:

Jayne, from bells said...

@4-When was your Public Pulse letter in the Press? I missed it.

rk2 said...

Wednesday, the 26th.

Melanie said...

i too am thankful for pandora :) great post.

Matthew Gasperoni said...

Just blog surfing and this caught my eye ... wonderful to hear thanks in these times! :) Blessings to you and your family.

Your brother in Christ,
~Matt