Friday, March 18, 2011

It Does Work

All my life the dental hygienist has preached floss, floss, floss starting with Barbara at Dr. Wilson's office in Athens, AL.

One time I gagged on the gritty paste when she cleaned my teeth (the gritty paste is a reason why I don't like the dentist's office), and she wrote on my chart "Paste makes patient gag." Every teeth cleaning appointment until I transferred to a dentist in Illinois she or another hygienist said, "I see the paste makes you gag." But I digress.

I made token attempts the week before and a few days after a dental visit to floss, but the dentist's office in OH finally made it all click, and I began flossing. Now I won't say I get it done everyday but certainly most days of the week.

Since November I've flossed at least 6 days a week, and today I had the best dental appointment ever. Very little scraping (which is another reason why I don't like the dentist office), no cavities, and the 4's and 5's in the chart are all 2's and 3's except for one which apparently is still a 4.5.

If only I could tell Barbara the good news!

1 comment:

Nog Blog said...

Oooh, I hate the gritty scrub, too. Just when you think they're finally done, they get out that paste and it definitely is a gaggy process. I have requested they use gel instead of the grit, and yes, it is recorded in my chart.