Thursday, March 3, 2011

Thankful Thursday 3/3/11

1. A new class started last night. Should be a good group.

2. Enjoying roast beef at lunch this week. I buy several bundles of beef at a local Christian school auction in the fall. I end up with cuts of meat that I'm pretty sure I wouldn't just go out and buy. I also always have meat in the freezer.

3. For two months I've been thinking that maybe if I ignored my taxes they would just never have to be prepared and filed. The guy who did my taxes the last two years retired and I got a letter from the CPA firm who he was recommending to call. I've thought about Turbo Tax, I've thought about HR Block, and I've thought about just trying to do them on my own. At my appointment last year, he told me he was retiring, but his daughter was going to take over and he would be doing some returns in March and April when he got back from FL. However that was before "the letter". I called his office this week and his daughter will do my taxes with only a $10 increase in the fee which was very, very reasonable to begin with. I'm happy and I won't be going to jail!

4. Making plans for a trip south. I like it!

No comments: