Thursday, July 14, 2011

Thankful Thursday 7/14/11

A lot has happened since last Thursday to be thankful for:

1. No traffic issues driving through Chicago last Friday. Either I didn't have to leave work as early as I did or it's a good thing I did.
2. It was wonderful to see many Klopfenstein family members over the weekend.
3. Thanks to Cousin Judy for hosting me in her home.
4. Had an good and interesting time at the Normal Cornbelters game. "Let's Go Corn!" sounds like "Let's Grow Corn!" or "Let's Go Home!" when many people are chanting it.
5. Co-workers who cover me when I'm gone who are flexible with my plans. I wanted to be at the cottage on Monday and Tuesday but when we woke up to a thunderstorm I said I was going into work. I worked on Monday and will take Friday off instead.
6. I caught 7 bass in just one day of fishing!!!
7. Safety driving back from the cottage last night especially after dark when the deer are more difficult to see.
QUESTION: Why do deer not move when they see you coming? Why do they stand there until you stop and then move?
8. Watermelon--one of my favorite fruits of the summer!

2 comments:

Milli said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Milli said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.