Sunday, July 31, 2011

What I Was Reminded of In Church Today

Jude 24 and 25: Whatever the events of my life, I am in the presence of God and can have the favor of God. That is joy.

I John 2
a follower of God = sacrificial love for others
sacrificial service for others is not equal to being a follower of God.

an antichrist is a deceiver, a liar, went out from among believers, and denies Jesus is God.
Many talk of God or god, but the conversation changes when you speak of Jesus.

My parents always talk of the marriage triangle, but the Bible study leader today used the triangle in any relationship especially in referring to fellowship of believers. Place two people at the bottom of the two points of a triangle with God at the top point. The closer the two people get to God, the closer they get to each other. I kind of liked it just being a marriage triangle because then it didn't apply to me!

Church today was strong on teaching but very practical to try to live out this coming week.

No comments: