Sunday, July 1, 2012

A Mother's Love???

I'm not a mother so maybe I'm not qualified to write this post but this week has caused some righteous anger to some mothers.

Last weekend while I was out of town I saw several stories on-line about a 4-year old boy who lived on an Indian reservation in northern Michigan who was missing. This week his body was found under the porch of his mother and her boyfriend's home in a shallow grave. The boyfriend had a history of abusing the child, but the mother stayed with him. What was she thinking to put her relationship with an evil man over her responsibility to protect this little boy?

Studies show that a mother's boyfriend is very likely the one that will abuse a child.

Yesterday I found out about new occurences in a situation I am somewhat close to. The boy is 18 and had lived with his grandmother most of his life due to his mother's drug and alcohol abuse. About 2 years ago he left to live with the mother in a rescue mission and things appeared to be going fairly well. Friday night he called his grandmother, "My mom and her boyfriend are getting a 2-bedroom apartment so they have a room and his son and daughter have a room. My mom says their is no room for me." So the question is where does an 18 year old boy with a basically minimum wage job go to live and how does he get transportation? Again, what is this mother thinking to put a man and his children above her son who is far from perfect but appears to want to put his life in order.

2 comments:

Ann said...

I've seen it before also. It's awful - I agree, how can they do that.

Your mother said...

I can hardly believe this. I grieve for the boy and the grandmother as I too have followed the case through the last several years. Christ died for the errant
mother also--if only she realized it.