Friday, November 9, 2012

Day One

Day one of getting ready for unemployment.

In some ways today was worse than yesterday. I was prepared for yesterday, but I really hadn't thought about going to work today with Renae's office being empty. It's a bit bizarre in that I don't know who knows and who doesn't. No one in the office said anything.

Today I made a few calls to get advice, stop 401K contributions to help build up cash, made a doctor's appointment for while I still have insurance, and talked with an HR person. I also called two people who work virtually but I've really enjoyed working with and connected with even though we've mostly e-mailed and occasionally talked on the phone.

Two meltdowns today. One was after I talked to the financial advisor and wasn't too big, but the one after I walked out of Menards was pretty bad. I have no idea what triggered it, but thanks Mom for talking me through it!

Funniest moment of the day. Grocery shopping and spending way too long trying to decide which was the best buy on toilet paper.

No comments: