Wednesday, May 22, 2013

I Commit

If I am ever in a place where I am part of a hiring process,

1. If a job seeker leaves me a voice mail, I commit to returning the call even if only to say thank you for the call.

2. If a job seeker sends me an e-mail, I commit to replying even if only to say thank you for the message.

3. If I say I will let someone know something by a certain day, I will send a communication even if only to say where we are in the process.

Signed and sealed, May 21, 2013.

Edited:

4. I will not make a job seeker fill out a 16-page application before I know if I am interested in them. An on-line application can  have basic information and questions to let me know if I want to know more about that candidate. I do not need to know the last 3 books a potential candidate has read.

Signed and sealed again, May 23, 2013