Thursday, June 6, 2013

Thankful Thursday

1. Attending a local church's early Friday morning prayer support group for those looking for work the last two weeks has been very good for me.
2. The first week one of the leader's gave me a contact at a local organization that I was going to later in the day to turn in an application. I was able to meet her and get some information about the position and school.
3. The next week a participant wanted to introduce me to a contact at a different organization. I went to his ABF on Sunday morning and met another lady who knew the contact. Then the contact from #2 was in the same class and came to talk to me.
4. Several participants have been in touch this week, and I know they are praying for me.
5. Big cookout plans for several neighbors on Saturday night.
6. Air conditioning at home and in the car. I was in college before I found out not everyone has air in their car and almost 20 years ago found out not everyone in MI has a/c in their homes. I was shocked when I moved to MI how many people still don't have a/c and don't want it.
7. New dishwasher installed on Saturday.

No comments: