Thursday, April 23, 2015

Thankful Thursday April 23, 2015

It's been awhile, but I have been thankful.

Today:
1. I took notes from a conversation several weeks ago that I needed today to write an article. Looked in a folder and it wasn't there. Checked a notebook and not there. Went through two stacks of papers on my desk. Not there. Prayed. Checked my folder one more time and found it. I probably could have written the article without the notes, but I certainly had more detail having found the notes.

2. Tonight was my last piano lesson. Outside of family members, my teacher has been the most encouraging person about my piano abilities. The lessons have been one of the most positive events in my life this year, but without a music outlet I cannot handle the time or expense of lessons. The last two lessons have been looking at arrangement books to study what the composer is doing to learn how to improvise on my own.

Yesterday:
3. Had my report out on my work trip from last week. It went well and generated a lot of discussion. I received more positive comments today. I think my department will improve because of my trip, information and suggestions.

4. The weather forecast was for extremely severe storms beginning possibly as early as 3 p.m. This was the one day I had an offsite meeting and wouldn't be parking in the parking garage at work. Not only did the storm not start while my car was parked outside or on the drive home, but we really didn't get more than rain.

No comments: