Sunday, April 10, 2022

Book Review: An Invisible Thread

 

An Invisible ThreadAn Invisible Thread by Laura Schroff
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

An Invisible Thread is a can't put down book. It took only two days to read while I was on vacation. I don't know who recommended it or where I read about it, but I'm thankful someone or I did.
The thread is a reference to a Chinese proverb that people are connected with an invisible thread so they will inevitably meet and be tied together. My faith says that isn't by chance--it's God's plan. this is very much in the same vane as Same Kind of Different as Me but without reference to God or a faith foundation.
Would I have done what Laura did? I don't know. I know I'm not always responsive to panhandlers, but what if a child asked me for money?
Obviously this statement near the end resonated with me to identify with Laura: It's not your lot in life to have children but in fact to affect many.
I recommended this book.

View all my reviews

No comments: