Wednesday, June 11, 2008

More bad customer service

I have readily called myself middle-aged—don’t necessarily like it, but will admit to it. However, today took the cake.

My friend Renae and I were at Taco Bell and the clerk (who was probably late 40’s to 50) asked Renae “Are you a senior?” I cracked up laughing and said “You just made my day asking her THAT!!!” Then the clerk, who obviously hadn’t passed Customer Service 101 to ask someone that said, “No, I meant both of you.” Then it was Renae’s time to laugh.

The clerk said they give free drinks to seniors, but even a the thought of a free carbonated beverage wouldn’t assuage the rudeness of asking two mid-40s women if they were senior citizens!!!

1 comment:

Nog Blog said...

Years ago when I was pregnant and Steak and Shake still had outdoor service, I ordered my usual meal with a large Coke and a glass of milk. When the kid came to pick up the tray he said, "I didn't think anybody could eat that much!" I was appalled at his rudeness!