Monday, March 9, 2009

A Dallas Recap

So here's a quick recap of the past four days. Maybe some pictures will come later.

1. Visited the MK Museum
2. GPS went out and phone service is spotty here so I couldn't call anyone for help to get to the hotel.
3. The Geek Squad showed me the reset button on the back under the antenna in my Garmin so I was good to go.
4. Dinner twice at BJ's--it's close to the hotel and we went with some dealer personnel on Thursday and then last night again with just the two of us.
5. Went to the Sixth Floor Museum. It was a really poignant time to think of what happened there. It reminded me of taking Rebecca Hauter to the Metamora Courthouse. She said, "Now let me get this straight. Abraham Lincoln was in this room?" Me: "Yes." Her after a pause. "Wow!"
6. Toured the Ballpark at Arlington. That adds another ballpark to my list of ballparks visited. One item on my bucket list is to go to every major league ballpark. I thought the tour guide may not make it through the tour as she was extremely old. She's a baseball purist and numerous times expressed her displeasure that the team was covering up the Ranger bullpen with siding for advertising so you could no longer see the pitchers warming up.
7. Got to sit out by the pool in the sun. Wow!!!
8. In Fort Worth we went to the Cowgirl Museum (I have something to post later about that) and the Stockyards. We ate at the Cattlemen's Steakhouse and had the best sirloin ever! We saw the cattle drive--Those longhorns are so conditioned to it that they don't need the cowboys riding beside them.
9. Went to my first rodeo that night. It was rather entertaining. That night Renae said we could cross off going to a rodeo on our bucket list.
10. After worshipping with the Oak Ridge Boys on tv yesterday morning we went to Six Flags. Renae loves roller coasters and I'm ok with them. I won't ride wooden ones though. If I count correctly we rode at least 10 times yesterday. It was a perfect day--the weather and the crowd size--big enough for most things to be open yet small enough that the wait for rides was maybe 5 minutes.
11. Last night the weather showed random cities--Grand Rapids 32 with rain/snow. I looked at Renae and said, "I' m moving to Dallas!" However, we both commented several times that even though it is really, really nice now it must just be terribly miserable in July and August.
12. In typical fashion my flight out of Dallas is delayed making me miss the connection to GR. Thankfully I could get moved over to Renae's flights so we will be flying together. Now we both can be late getting in!

I love vacation.

No comments: