Thursday, May 28, 2009

Thankful Thursday

It's been awhile since I've done this, but here goes:

1. Tonight I go play the piano at the mission. I'm thankful for the opportunity and that my parents made me do stuff like this while I was growing up to help me be willing to do so now. I am always reminded of a man at my church in Illinois who said after we had a mission service that "we always talk about 'but for the grace of God there go I', but as I looked around at the mission tonight I saw a buddy from high school. His life is ruined by drugs and alcohol. He was my friends then and for real 'there but for the grace of God go I.'"

2. The garden is all planted. The strawberries are starting to ripen; the lettuce is popping up; the potatoes are growing. I always say planting a garden and putting up tomato cages is the perfect visual aid of faith.

3. I'm thankful for a note I got in the mail addressed to "Aunt Rhoda". It made my heart smile.

4. I'm thankful that Jayne from Handbells had her last day of students today and now has the summer off. (OK, that one may be a bit sarcastic, but is true as well.) Now if she'll go golf with me on a Friday I have off.

No comments: