Monday, March 26, 2012

Happy Birthday Mom!

When I was quite young I took a picture of my mother sitting with her mother while both were doing needlework with my old Brownie camera. I thought it was quite a feat that I found a verse that said, "As is the mother so is the daughter" from Ezekiel 16:44. I found out later that my mom didn't really like the picture because she thought it made her look old.

Today my mother celebrates her birthday. While I don't have a copy of the picture, I do have the verse.

Mom, these are the things that I hope I am like you.

1. I always want to have a desire to learn. I like that you are always reading and learning new things. While you may not become an expert you are interested in a variety of things and you always are interested in going to see new things.

2. I know I will never be the cook you are, but I'd be satisfied with "as is the mother so is the daughter a little bit" when it comes to cooking.

3. I hope that I am as open to hospitality as you are. From you I learned the joy of inviting others into your home. While entertaining may have been more of a chore for many years, you have always welcomed many different people into your home.

4. I hope I have the desire to be in the Word as you do.


Mom and Dad:

Mom and Dad with Andrew at his senior recital

I love you Mom! Have a wonderful day--I wish I could be with you on your special day.

No comments: