Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Books, books, and more books

On Sept. 24 I posted about three books that I was reading.

http://rkklop.blogspot.com/2008/04/what-i-am-reading.html

My goal was to finish Pride and Prejudice that weekend which I did. Last week I had a goal of finishing the other two. (I have read some other things in the meantime.) I completed the Mary Kay Ash book Miracles Happen on Wednesday of last week. There were quite a few pithy statements and lists of ideas that I wish I would've written down so I may do a quick skim later. On Thursday I finished Vince Antonucci's "I became a Christian and all I got was this lousy t-shirt". It's a spiritual growth book to experience authentic Christianity as opposed to the title referring to the souvenier t-shirts "My parents went to Paris and all I got was this t-shirt." Too many Christians get the gift at the end but totally miss out on the joys and experiences of the Christian journey. He's definitely a Gen-X and I'm not. He's a bit too crass for my liking, but I was challenged by the book.

I would like to read a John Grisham book next. I have not yet read Playing for Pizza and The Appeal, both of which apparently are too new for the Hudsonville library to have on the shelf. I also want to start on Mardi Collier's The God That I Know, a Christmas gift I haven't gotten to yet.

No comments: